1. It’s finally here! Urban Parent never misses Sackville’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting! This Friday night, 6:30-7:30, Acadia Park, 650 Sackville Drive hosted by the Sackville Business Association! Take in the joyous celebrations with friends and family, warm up with hot chocolate, sing along with live entertainment, and end the evening with Santa lighting the Christmas trees! Don’t forget to dress for the weather, it could be a chilly evening. You can find all of the details at www.sackvillebusiness.com. Please note *As required by current health protocols, attendees 12 years old and older must show proof of vaccination.
2. Stop by the North-by-Night Holiday Market Open Street Edition this Saturday, 2-9, on Agricola St. Enjoy the atmosphere of the hip North End with live music, a beer garden & warm mulled wine, in-store specials, local artisans, and family activities. It will be an all-around good time!
3. This weekend’s Roadtrip Recommendation takes your family to timeless Lunenburg for a market, a parade, and a tree lighting! Set your GPS to Christmas by the Sea – an outdoor Christmas to check out booths of local crafts, food, arts, and many other unique vendors lining King Street in Lunenburg on Saturday between noon and 9. It’s FREE to peruse and with monitored warming stations and plenty of hot cocoa, you will feel the warmth from your heart down to your toes. This event sails smoothly along with the annual Christmas Parade at 2 in the afternoon and the tree lighting at the Band Stand happening at 7 in the evening!
4. The 2022 Halifax Tree Lighting Ceremony is a Downtown Halifax family event you won’t want to miss! Saturday at 6, at Grand Parade. There’s live entertainment, and Santa will be making an appearance to help light the tree, and the fireworks show will wrap up the evening. This is a FREE family event! FEED Nova Scotia will be accepting non-perishable food or cash donations at the event. *Audience members 12 years old and older have to show proof of double vaccination to enter the event site.
5. So this may be kinda cool if you don’t feel like going out, but still feelin’ festive this Friday night. Christmas at the Causeway is an online event that will have you and the family getting cozy in your matching Christmas PJs, listening to Christmas music, watching the lighting of the Lobster Trap Christmas Tree, along with a fun and interactive visit from Santa! Special musical guests to be announced! Send your letters to Santa by November 24th to have the opportunity to have Santa read them live on air!