1. Do you want to spend the winter on the ski hill in an affordable way? Martock Ski Race Club’s Annual Pre-owned Equipment Sale is a great place to pick up previously used equipment for everyone in your family! And at Ski Wentworth it is their annual open house with a ski patrol gear sale, crafts and pay no HST on your ski pass!
2. It’s time to light up the tree! Come enjoy a free Christmas event for the whole family. Packed with entertainment, fireworks, a visit from the Octonauts and of course the tree lighting, Grand Parade is the place to be on Saturday from 6-7pm.
3. Join in for an afternoon of fun to celebrate the launch of the Magic Family Box! Admission is free with donation to the Food Bank. Activities include Magic Box decorating (bring your own box or we will have some available for $5), a reading of The Magic Family Box by author Tasha Richard, empathy related activities for kids and a showcase on how kids books are created!
4. Be Merry and Bright at the ever-popular East Coast Momma Collective (ECMC) Holiday Fair. Showcasing a curated collection of awesome local Mompreneurs, these fairs are THE event you won’t want to miss! They make it easy for you to shop local and find unique gifts. From paper goods, textile art & apparel and accessories to bath & body products, children’s gifts, housewares and delicious food; come celebrate the festive season at the Holiday Fair! It’s at a new location at the Alderney Landing Theatre from 9am to 3pm, Saturday and Sunday. Free Admission!
5. Kick off the season by sharing some holiday cheer with the 78th Highlanders! Make your way to the Halifax Citadel as the historic fort takes on a festive air with a Victorian Christmas. Victorian carols, crafts, games and, of course, Father Christmas. Enjoy some hot cider and don’t forget to smile for the camera – it’s the perfect backdrop for your family holiday pictures. There’s fun for all ages! Admission is free with a donation to FEED NOVA SCOTIA (non-perishable food item or cash donation). Saturday and Sunday, noon to 4 p.m.