1. Head to the Art Gallery for Pop Goes the Easel! Enjoy a family friendly performance by musicians from Symphony Nova Scotia, try out some instruments from Long & McQuade then visit the studio for crafts and activities.
2. Wet or dry, there are plenty of activities to try! In celebration of RBC’s Sports Day, the Canada Games Centre is hosting “Try It Day” a great to check out different sports and also meet two special guest athletes Adrienne Power and Pamela LeJean.
3. Sacred Heart School of Halifax is hosting it’s annual Christmas Fair on Saturday and your whole family is invited. You can enjoy food, games, toys, books, crafts and so much more.
4. “Santa Claus is coming to town” – that’s right the annual Parade of Lights is happening downtown on Saturday and the Light Up Bedford Parade is on Sunday. Both are perfect ways to get in the holiday spirit.
5. There’s magic in the air at Dartmouth Crossing at Miracle on Main Street! Come enjoy a magical visit with Santa, meet the animals at the North Pole Petting Zoo, wagon rides with Santa’s Head Elf and more!
6. Kick off the season by sharing some holiday cheer with the 78th Highlanders. Make your way to the Halifax Citadel for a Victorian Christmas as the historic fort takes on a festive air with Victorian carols, crafts, games and, of course, Father Christmas.