1. It’s time for another MEC Snowfest! Head down on Sunday and get tons of great deals at their legendary Gear Swap, some sweet prize giveaways, and informative clinics from some of the best minds in the industry. The festival is going to get rolling around 11am which is also when they will start up the Gear Swap. They will run their big prize draw around 1pm and have clinics and activities running throughout the day. MEC Gear Swap is a great place to find great deals on previously-loved snowsports and hiking/camping gear.
2. Head to the Art Gallery on Sunday for Pop Goes the Easel! Featuring a live, interactive performance at 1:30pm with musicians from Symphony NS, Long & McQuade’s Musical Instrument Petting Zoo, and studio activities. Drop-in for lots creative fun!
Or there’s Family Art Sundays At Nurtured on Agricola St! Sunday is Forest Creature Magic! Featuring Stories & Creatures … . from the Forest! Create your own take-home animal & bring it to life in our magic mural, full of creatures … Listen to a story … Tell a story! Ages: 2+
3. It’s time to Fall Back! Don’t forget to change your clocks back an hour when you go to bed on Saturday. It’s also a great time to change the batteries in all your smoke alarms!
4. Introduce your munchkins to music and motion, including musical demonstrations, games, and entertainment with Musical Munchkins at Alderney Landing library on Saturday!
5. Everyone’s favourite goat, Gertrude Allawishes, is back! Join in on Saturday (9:30 a.m. ’til noon) at the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market for the official book launch of Starr Dobson’s new picture book, Gertrude at the Beach! Starr will host a story time reading on the central stage, they’ll have a live goat to pet, and some free goat-shaped cookies and prizes for everyone who drops by! Starr will happily sign your books, and answer any Gertrude-related questions you might have. All ages are welcome!
6. It’s the Harvest Hootenanny and pumpkin smash at Common Roots Urban Farm! Bring Pumpkins, Smash Pumpkins! There will be a Children’s Garden Grand Opening 2:30pm, Live Music, Local Food, Silent Auction, Garlic Planting, Contradance and more!