1. It’s open house at CBC! You’ll have an opportunity to go behind the scenes of the radio and television studios. Catch a glimpse of the workings and operations of the new station! Kids will meet Kids’ CBC characters Daniel Tiger, Bookaboo, Super Why! and Bo on the Go. Get your smile ready for a souvenir photo in the photo booth and hear local pianists Kim Dunn, Diana Torbert and Andrew Son at the CBC piano in the main lobby.
2. The Halifax Bike Week celebrations continue all weekend long with a family ride on Sunday, a photo scavenger hunt for teens and the Bicycle Expo at the Oval featuring kids events, safety workshops, music snack and prizes.
3. Halifax’s funky little card store (and more!) Inkwell has been in business 4 years, thanks to YOU! Come celebrate their 4th Anniversary on Saturday where you can print a FREE 5 x 7 bike print on a letterpress and taste a donut from Ol’ School Donuts (while they last)!
4. Calling all new moms…the Lullaby Lounge at Sunnyside Mall has re-opened and you’re invited to the celebration. Come hear from professionals on post-baby topics and products. Plus, Hatfield Farms will be there with a petting zoo for your little ones.
5. Opa! Halifax’s famous Greek Fest is back for another great year. Come be immersed in all things Greek – food, art, entertainment and more! Plus be sure to visit the Kids Olympics area – it’s such a fun event for the whole family.
6. Head to Sullivan’s Pond on Sunday for a free Family Concert featuring wonderful music by The BBQ Kings and their special guest Hiltz Plays Hits. It’ll be a great afternoon of music the whole family will enjoy.