1. It’s PRIDE! Get out there and show your support. There are plenty of family friendly events like the parade, a dog show, the Kids Can area that will have facepainting, art and entertainment!
2. It’s Behind the Ropes at the Mt. Uniacke Museum! If you’ve ever wondered what is in the dresser drawers or behind the locked closet doors then now is your chance! The barriers will be down, and hidden treasures wait.
3. Time for a peacock party at Shubenacadie Wildlife Park! Put on your most colourful clothing and try your best to outshine the proud peacocks. Discover how they survive in the park and use their adaptations to keep safe. Make a peacock craft and imitate their call!
4. Join Parks Canada at the Citadel for a special commemoration of the centenary of Flanders Fields! Learn more about life at the Western front during the First World War and tour a full-size simulated trench. You’ll also hear the powerful sounds of the 25th battalion pipes and drums following the noon gun and the impressive battle demonstration in the parade square at 2 p.m.
5. It’s the McNabs Island 25th Anniversary Picnic! There will be guided history and nature tours, children’s activities, and musical entertainment by Celtic musicians!