1. Happy Birthday Gus! Everyone’s favourite tortoise is turning 93 and you’re invited to the celebration. Head to the Museum of Natural History for cupcakes, lemonade, activities, prizes and more!
2. It’s the 40th anniversary of the Eastern Passage Cow Bay Summer Carnival and it’s by far the biggest yet. With midway games and rides, a children’s parade, kid’s races and loads more there’s something for everyone in your family to enjoy.
3. The Northern Lights Lantern Festival is a day of fun and creativity for all ages. Come celebrate the vibrancy and diversity of Halifax’s North End. It’s a free community festival and everyone is welcome.
4. The third annual Children’s Festival will be held in Victoria Park on Saturday! There will be face painting, balloon animals, storytime, a fire truck and much more! The event is free, but families are encouraged to bring along a donation to the IWK.
5. It’s India Fest at the Forum this weekend! It’s a perfect chance to immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of India with henna tattoos, product vendors, activities and of course the amazing food!! Who doesn’t love a good samosa?