Ahhh Strawberries!! A sure sign of summer…and of my childhood. Spending sunny afternoons in my grandmother’s garden picking them was a tradition. Hulling them with my dad was a competition (that I usually won!). Making them into jam with my mother was a ritual. But spreading that jam on a piece of homemade bread was a pure delight!
Of course there’s more to strawberries than just jam – pancakes, smoothies, compotes, cupcakes and more! Here’s a few strawberry inspired recipes we found that look berry delicious (sorry, couldn’t resist!)
Spinach and Strawberry Salad A fresh and tasty summer salad that not only looks great but is so easy to make. Click here for the recipe.
Strawberry Avocado Salsa – the kids won’t be able to refuse this yummy salsa that’s perfect on chicken or fish, in a tortilla or as a dip for tacos chips.
Strawberry Pops with just two ingredients, these fun frozen pops are a must try this summer!
Strawberry Muffins are a staple in our house this time of year. These are so easy to make and the kids love breaking them open to find all the yummy berry burst inside.
More Strawberry Fun
– Use them to make a smoothie or milkshake
– Dip them in melted chocolate and place them on wax paper to cool in the fridge
– Add them to your favourite cereal or oatmeal
– Mix them into plain yoghurt
– Slice them into a jug of ice water during your next dinner party
– Throw them on top of your pancake stack
– Place on a wooden skewer with other fruit for a fun fruit k-bob dessert
– Grab the kids and head to a strawberry field near you to pick your own!