For those of you who were lucky enough to spend your spring break in Mexico, and those of us who wish we could have…make it a Mexican night and try this yummy and very mild dish that will have even smallest family members shouting Ole.
1 large onion finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
4 cups diced cooked chicken
4oz can green chilies (in the Mexican section of the grocery store)
10oz can cream of chicken soup
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
2 cups salsa
tortillas (12-14 small or 8-10 large)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender.
3. Add diced chicken, chilies, soup and half of each of the cheeses. Stir to combine. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
4. Divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Fold in sides and roll tortilla closed.
5. Lay seam-side down in a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish. Continue with half of the tortillas.
6. Spread 1 cup of salsa over bottom layer.
7. Fill and place remaining tortilla rolls on top.
8. Cover with remaining salsa and top with remaining cheeses.
9. Bake 30 – 40 mins. Let stand 5 mins before serving.
For some added fun, fire up some Mexican inspired tunes to set the mood while you’re cooking and eating!