1. Tim Hortons is bringing more smiles to communities across Canada with the annual Smile Cookie fundraiser, benefitting local charities from coast to coast. For one week starting Sept 23rd, Tim Hortons restaurant owners will generously donate all proceeds from sales of a special smiling chocolate chunk cookie to the IWK! The $1 treat will be helping charities, hospitals and community programs in the cities where they are sold.
2. As part of the nationwide Culture Days, the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 is offering free Henna Tattoo Art. Come learn about the history of this art and the traditions that surround it. Vineeta Rajani of Halifax Henna will introduce the temporary body art that has been used in many cultures for over 5000 years. Get your very own small henna tattoo! For all ages.
3. It's back!! Hopscotch Halifax is one event you don't want to miss! With a focus on urban art, Hopscotch is an exciting chance for today’s youth to come celebrate and share their passion for all forms of urban culture. This event is about engaging youth and our vibrant urban community. Urban-themed and wickedly vibrant, Hopscotch will show how hip-hop is positively contributing to self-expression and youth development in the city.
4. Shakespeare Factory! Get a mini acting lesson from Neptune Theatre School with their "Shakespeare Factory"! Don a costume, practice your lines and receive tips from acting coaches in this fun, theatrical activity located inside Neptune Theatre. Saturday from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM!
5. On Saturday it's Musical Munchkins with Symphony Nova Scotia! It's an interactive introduction to music and movement for preschoolers. At Alderney Gate Public Library.