We have a little family friendly something for everyone this weekend, so if your children like looking at Scarecrows or Harry Potter, creating art, running from zombies, or scoring those deals, they can! And good news… so can you.
- Fall is happening! Ring in Autumn with a trip down to Mahone Bay’s Scarecrow Festival & Antique Fair! It’s their 20th Annual and it runs all weekend. The scarecrows will be sticking around for a while though.
- Get inspired by the Ross Creek Centre for the Arts when they bring some of the passion and wonder they are known for to the Halifax Central Library this Saturday from 1:00-4:00. It’s a free and all ages event, suitable for the entire family though children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Enter the 2016 5 km Zombie Trail Run to participate in the madness! Nova Scotia’s most terrifying race begins at 11:00 am this Saturday at McDonald Sports Park in Waverly. It is open to kids ages 8-12 with registered adult accompaniment.
- The entire Harry Potter series comes to life in one show on stage. How? Magic…? Potted Potter tells the story of all seven books that two actors cram into 70 hilarious minutes. Showtimes are 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm on Saturday and a Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm at the Rebecca Cohn.
- Lucky for us, POMBA (Parents of Multiple Births Association) runs their Children’s Clothing & Equipment Consignment Sale not once, but twice a year! If you need to outfit your kids, it’s the best, don’t miss the Fall Sale: Saturday, Halifax Forum, doors at 9:00 am to the public, 8:00 am to members. $2 gets you access to all dem deals.
If you can run like you’re being chased by a horde of zombies, you can make it to every event on this list…so get busy!