1. Head to the south shore for the the Mahone Bay Scarecrow Festival and Candlelit Pumpkin Path! Get the kids dressed up in costumes and check out the amazing scarecrows all through town before it gets dark. Then get ready to experience the magic of wandering through a path of hundreds of pumpkins, beautifully carved and lit!
2. It’s Pumpkin People at the J.D Shatford Memorial Library! Get your friends or family to help you stuff a pumpkin person on the library’s lawn and enjoy pumpkin crafts and games!
3. When the cold night air fills your lungs and you can’t stop shivering, we dare you to wander through the woods of The Haunted Hollow! It’s back for another year so head to Hammonds Plains to spook yourself out! Not recommended for kids under 10!
It’s a Phantom Freakshow like no other! Phantom Effects and Stirling Fruit Farms in Wolfville have teamed up to support the IWK with a journey of terror that’s not for the faint of heart! The farm’s warehouse has been transformed into a creepy, scream-inducing adventure that you’re invited to tour if you dare!
4. On Sunday from 1-4pm join the Halifax Junior Bengal Lancers for their annual Open House event. Visit with the horses, enjoy a musical ride performance (at 1pm) pony rides and more!
5. Fall in love with Robert Munsch all over again! CentreStage Theatre in Kentville is delighted to bring the magic of these stories to the stage, Much More Munsch. It’s the last weekend of performances (they’ve added 2 more on Oct 3rd) so grab some tickets while you can!
6. On Saturday, members of the community are invited to join the Breastfeeding Community of Practice and the IWK Health Centre for the World Breastfeeding Week Family Fair and Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge!