1. Brain Candy Toys in Bedford has a brand new space and this weekend is their Grand Opening! You're invited to help them celebrate the opening of their new, bigger store! It's in the same plaza just a different spot that's much more fun. Join them Saturday from 9am-6pm and enjoy 15% to 50% off store wide, cake, juice, a free bouncy castle from 10:30 to 1:30 (weather permitting), and prizes galore!!!
2. Needing some Halloween decorating inspriation and don't know where to start? On Saturday from 2-4pm, head to Props Floral Design, in the heart of the Hydrostone Market for a Mommy-and-Me Halloween Wreath Workshop with Designer Ashley MacNeill. You and your child can learn the techniques required to make a spooky wreath and make one for yourself to take home1
3. It's that time of year again…HRM's Curbside Giveaway is back! Clean out your closets, garage, bookshelves and participate in the city's largest hidden treasure hunt. The aim of this weekend event is to reduce the amount of garbage ending up in HRM’s landfill by diverting unwanted items to be re-used ! Reusing and Recycling household items instead of discarding them reduces pressures on our municipal facilities, and is a great way to not only get rid of your under-used items, but to find some great treasures of your own!
4. Nocturne: Art at Night is a fall festival that brings art and energy to the streets of Halifax between 6 p.m.-midnight on Saturday. The completely free, family-friendly annual event showcases and celebrates the visual arts scene in Halifax. Nocturne, designed and planned by volunteers, is an opportunity for everyone to experience the art of Halifax in a whole new light. The Nocturne Program Guide provides details about exhibitions in galleries and public spaces throughout the city. The Nocturne program, map, and walking tours guide residents and visitors alike to a variety of exhibitions in galleries and public spaces throughout the city. There are plenty of family friendly options, as you wander around downtown you'll get a sense of what will interest your kids! Some options at the AGNS, Halifax Circus, Biscuit General Store, Inkwell, Nova Scotia Crystal, NSCAD, the boardwalk, Woozles and more!
5. Support the Nova Scotia Doula Association and the IWK Foundation on Sunday at 9am. Join them for their 3rd annual Strollerthon in Point Pleasant Park. See you in the Park!!