1. FREE up some space and get some FREE stuff! Is anything in life free anymore? Well this weekend (rain or shine) you can free up space and get great free stuff. Give your clutter a second life during Halifax’s Curbside Give Away Weekend. Your old armchair could be someone’s new throne, and your antique lamp could be someone’s living room masterpiece. All for the rock bottom price of FREE!
2. Nocturne: Art at Night, is a completely free annual event that showcases and celebrates the visual arts scene in Halifax. Nocturne, designed and planned by volunteers, is an opportunity for everyone to experience the art of Halifax in a whole new light. The Nocturne Program Guide provides details about exhibitions in galleries and public spaces throughout the city. Head out after dark on Saturday, it is usually well worth keeping the kids up for, all kinds of fun and exciting things to see!
3. Building on last year’s success, the 2nd Annual Food Run in support of Feed Nova Scotia is happening on Sunday at the Canada Games Centre and is going to be bigger and better. But best of all, it’s still FREE with food donation! We’ve all been there, you’re hungry, you grab anything in sight, sometimes not really thinking about the nutritional value of what you’re putting in your mouth. This is the reality for thousands of Nova Scotian’s every day. They don’t have the choice; they make the decision out of necessity. This Fall, let’s take an even bigger bite out of hunger. Join in on race day for a festival atmosphere that will be centered around food and fun, with food sampling, pumpkin carving, activities and games, bouncy castles, community booths and more!
4. This will be our sixth HRM Artisan Mom Fair at the Cole Harbour Place. This is an excellent time to shop for Christmas gifts, fall decor and every day items for your entire family. Come support local moms showcasing their talent!
5. Go to Nurtured on Agricola Street for Family Art Sundays! Created with Family Fun in mind two local artists have developed these Art Days for nurturing your family. Let us host the creative space where you can hear storytelling and have some beautiful art to display at home. Dependent upon age of child, some parental input will be required for each activity. Oct 19th: Fly your Flag! Create unique string of ‘story’ flags to fly from your porch, your garden, your room or your house! A fun, family friendly workshop. Best suited for ages:2+ A story flag, wishing flag, family flag, mystery flag ~ what flag will you fly? Come give your imagination free reign!