1. Head to Grand Parade for the Annual Halifax Tree Lighting event that’s fun for the whole family. Enjoy live music and a dance party with Puss-n-Boots plus a visit with Santa.
2. The Mahone Bay Father Christmas Festival kicks off this evening with a tree lighting and lantern parade and more fun all weekend long. It’s worth the drive to see all the life size santa figures, decorated homes, sleigh rides and much more!
3. Unicorn Theatre is back with another great performance for the whole family to enjoy. Their production of “My Son Pinocchio Junior” re-tells the classic tale of everyone’s favourite wooden puppet and is one you won’t want to miss.
4. Lot’s of exciting book launch news this weekend!
First there’s Explosion Newsie on Saturday, a book about a 10-year-old boy who works as a newspaper boy during the Halifax Explosion. An all ages family event including – dramatic reading, book signing, original art work display, homemade cookies and a dress-up box of period costumes!
Also on Saturday you can celebrate the launch of Chalice’s first children’s storybook – The Perfect Gift. Join in at the Central Library on this true journey with Ricardo, a boy from northern Peru, to hear about the beauty and struggles of his life and to explore the gifts of kindness, love and generosity. There will be a book reading by the educator and former Lieutenant Governor, the Honourable Myra Freeman. Book discussion and sales to follow.
Then on Sunday you can head to the Halifax Central Library for an afternoon of celebration for the launch of the new children’s book – A for Adventure. Meet the author and illustrator, get your book signed and more!
5. Kitchen door catering is planning a fun Saturday morning this weekend at the shop! Bring the kids so they can decorate a festive holiday cookie, enjoy some delicious hot chocolate (yes, there will be marshmallows!) and stock up on Kitchen Door goodies (including our holiday candies, gifts & treats) at 15% off!
6. Do you want to spend the winter on the ski hill in an affordable way? Martock Ski Race Club’s Annual Pre-owned Equipment Sale is a great place to pick up previously used equipment for everyone in your family! Head out early on Saturday, the best stuff goes quickly! Have any equipment you want to sell? Drop it off Friday night!