Crafty Crafts, Seasonal Events, and Bright Builders!
1. The Halifax Crafters Society opens the doors to their Annual Winter Market at 5 on Friday and runs all weekend at the Olympic Centre on Hunter Street. Admission is free! Bring the entire family! There are tons of vendors selling beautiful crafts, but please remember, a lot of the crafters take cash only.
2. It’s Sackville’s 9th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Friday night at Acadia Park hosted by the Sackville Business Association. Always a wonderful time, there will be live entertainment, treats, a visit from Santa, and the lighting of the Christmas trees! Enjoy holiday songs and stories inside the Sackville Library before the main event begins at 6:30. Don’t forget to dress warmly, it could be a frosty evening.
3. Head Downtown Halifax for The Halifax Lights Festival from December 1-8, 2018.
This Saturday from 12-3, the kiddos can enjoy the Hatfield Farm Petting Zoo with Rudolph and Frosty at Cornwallis Park! There’s a Santa photo booth, carollers and popcorn at noon on Argyle Street (between Blowers and Sackville) and at 7 have a blast at a Silent Dance Party with Rudolph! (Argyle St. under the lights canopy). These events and so many more in the festival are FREE and open to the public! Check out the guide to see all that the Lights Festival has to offer your family. For more info, click here: https://downtownhalifax.ca/halifaxlights
4. Search for the perfect Christmas tree at the 2nd Beaver Bank Scouting U-cut Christmas Tree Farm. Experience a classic, holiday family adventure—pick the perfect old fashioned, untrimmed, natural tree, while enjoying some FREE hot chocolate.
$25 per tree or $23 with a food bank donation. Cash only. All proceeds support 2nd Beaver Bank Scouting.
5. Sunday is Fun-day @ the Discovery Centre! Every Sunday until to December 9th, the new Bright Builders program is included in admission. Drop in with your aspiring architect any time after 1 to explore innovative building techniques and complete big-build challenges using LEGO®, Keva Blocks, dowels, and more! This Sunday, explore architecture with cantilevers, make and take home a balancer, and join in a group build with staff and visitors.