1. Open City is back again! On Saturday the city is throwing a party and everyone is invited! Back Door Takeout, shopping deals, music & art – lots of things to fill your day!
2. It’s that time of year again! Head out of Saturday to stock up on candy! Freak Lunchbox’s 4th annual Candy 4 Kids Day! ALL proceeds from their bulk candy sales for the whole day will be donated to the IWK! They have raised over 16,000 already! That’s a lot of gumballs!
3. An event for the artist in all of us! Be part of the fourth annual Artist for a Day on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at NSCAD University’s Port Campus! There will be dozens of hand-on activities for folks to try in the various studios of their beautiful waterfront campus, like screenprinting, painting, jewellery making, metalsmithing and more!
4. It’s Seedy Saturday and Plant Sale by Urban Farm Museum Society of Spryfield! You can buy heirloom and organic seeds, bedding plants, herbs and perennials, seaweed compost. Talk by gardening expert Marjorie Willison at 10:30 am, children’s games, tools sharpened and repaired, or donate your surplus tools. Sign up for gardening at the farm!
5. Happy Mother’s Day to all the momma’s out there! It’s highly rewarding but tough gig and your family sure couldn’t do it without you!
The Rotary Club of Halifax Harbourside presents their 24th Annual Mother’s Day Brunch at Cunard Centre, it’s a family-friendly brunch with bouncy castles and a supervised kids’ area, with games, arts and crafts, making it fun for the kids and adults. The children’s buffet is a hit with the younger crowd (their tables are lower so they can easily help themselves). While the kids are having fun, the adults can relax at the table and enjoy an amazing buffet brunch while the Waterford Jazz duo play some lovely background music.
If you’d rather get out of town, head so the South Shore to Ross Farm. Mother’s get free admission, so explore the farm, pet some cute animals and enjoy tea and cake in Rosebud cottage before the drive back!