1. Back for it’s 82nd year, the Apple Blossom Festival is definitely worth the drive to the Valley. A weekend full of events including Little Rays Reptile Zoo, Bungee Jumping, Laser Tag, the grand street parade, face painting and SO much more. Hop in the car and come join in the fun!
2. It’s Monster Jam time again in Halifax! Head to Scotia Speedway this weekend to be electrified with breathtaking stunts and the awesome power of the world’s most popular Monster Jam trucks. This is one event your little truck lovers won’t want to miss.
3. To kick-off National Recreation Month, many recreation centres are offering free access to their facilities on Sunday. There will be a variety of recreation programs available for the entire family, as well as seniors and youth. There will be free canoeing, voleyball, kite making, zumba and more!
4. The 5th annual IWK 5K – In Memory of Jessica will take place on Sunday at DeWolf Park in Bedford. The event will include a 500 meter dash, a 1km kids run, followed by an all ages 5km walk/ run. Bring the family and enjoy music, refreshments, face painting, and staying active! All proceeds go towards the IWK Health Center.
5. Did you know we have inline & roller skates you can borrow in the summer at the Emera Oval? Yes, beginning in June and running until September you can borrow inline & roller skates & all the required protective gear. Have your own inline skates? You can use the Emera Oval at your leisure. Just remember ALL users must wear a helmet.