1. It’s time for the POMBA spring children’s clothing, toy & equipment sale! This is a fundraiser for the Parents of Multiple Birth Association. Get amazing deals on gently used children’s clothing, toys, equipment and much more! Get there early to get the best deals!
2. Select Superstore locations across Canada, including the Dartmouth Superstore on Portland Street, will band together at 1:00 p.m. ADT on Saturday, March 22 in an attempt to break the Guinness World Records® title for the most Parmigiano-Reggiano wheels cracked simultaneously. In total, colleagues in more than 360 stores have been specially trained to crack more than 1,000 wheels at one time. Witness the spectacle of these magnificent 84-pound wheels of cheese being cracked! Eight wheels will be cracked simultaneously at the Portland Street Superstore location alone.
3. I heart NS water! Head to the lake Banook Canoe Club in Dartmouth for a family fun event to celebrate Nova Scotia’s water on World Water Day. Participate in games, music, crafts, and bring your swim suit (and a big warm towel) for a polar dip to honour the importance of clean safe water for all life!
4. The Museum of Natural History presents: BUGS: Outside the Box. This selection of greatly enlarged insect sculptures, each showcasing the beauty hidden within the (mini) beasts of the natural world. Intricate details not visible to the naked eye are showcased alongside educational topics, including an exciting look at museum collections and taxonomy, and an exploration of the power of magnification.
5. Anyone doubting the cultural significance of maple in Canada needs to look no further than our nation’s flag! The Wolfville farmer’s market is celebrating this great tradition with Maplicious! There will be lots of delicious maple-infused products (food and hand-crafted items), as well as a kid’s spring craft activity. So hop in the car and join them at the Farmers Market in Wolfville for a maple feast of delicious treats and visuals!