1. Doors Open Halifax is on this weekend and it’s one event you won’t want to miss. It’s your chance to get a peek inside more than 30 buildings around the city that are not normally open to the public and is a great event that the whole family can enjoy.
2. The Little Fisher’s Club is kicking off the season with their annual Fishing Derby! Head to Kearney Lake this weekend to get in on all the fun and hopefully catch a fish!
3. Looking for ways to get your kids out and active in the community? Well the 100 in 1 day event on Saturday a great way to do just that. With over 60 free events including craft parties, sports activities and interactive classes it’s a great way to get the family enjoying the city.
4. The cold clear waters of the Eastern Shore yield some of the best seafood in the province. The Eastern Shore Cold Waters Seafood Festival gives you the chance to sample an abundance of locally harvested seafood at its freshest! Family activities and skills demonstrations such as touch tank, paint-your-own-buoy, dory rides and learn to row, net knitting, and lobster trap building. Learn to row in the same dory that Eastern Shore residents Karl Richardson and Frank Stevens used to row around Nova Scotia.
5. The 9th Annual Cedar Festival brings the best of Lebanon and Canada together for 4 amazing days of music, dancing, food and fun! Come check out lots of world class entertainment, authentic Lebanese cuisine, Lebanese musical and cultural shows, our children’s fun zone, mouth watering pastries, and much much more!
6. It’s World Oceans Day on Saturday and there’s lots of celebrations going on! For starters, the Discovery Centre will have their grand opening of Ocean Bound face-painting, live turtles and frogs, a shark expert and lots more. Next Stop is the Oceans Science Building at Dalhousie. It will be packed with fun and informative activities for all ages including lobster tagging and hands-on science activities.
7. Strap on your helmet and head to some of the Bike Rodeos going on this weekend. There’s one at Dalhousie, one in Chezzetcook and another along the Bisset Trail. All are kid-friendly rides and include safety tips, snacks, prizes and more.