1. You’re invited to join wilderness lovers of all ages at Open Forest Day at Shubie Park. Come walk the woodland trails and find interactive displays about wildlife, biodiversity and more. You can also try canoeing, drumming and other fun things.
2. Chapters book-store is celebrating the end of school and start of summer reading with an in-store party and you’re invited. There will be giveaways, samples, activities and more. Plus learn about the newest and hottest books to keep kids reading all summer long.
3. There’s no better way to kick-off Summer in Sackville than with the Patriot Days celebration. This 10-day event starts this weekend with an automotive show, a dog walk in the park, a princess tea and a free zumba class.
4. It’s always fun to show the kids a classic movie from your childhood and this weekend is a perfect opportunity to do just that since E.T. is playing on the big screen as part of the Family Favourites movie at Cineplex. We can’t wait to see that adorable alien again!
5. The Chickenburger’s annual Fun Fair in support of the IWK is back for another year of fun for the whole family! Come check out bouncy castles, Milo the Clown, face-painting, games & lots more! Not to mention the yummy chicken burgers and milkshakes.
6. A Very Frozen Musical will be on stage this weekend and it’s a great family show that’s not to be missed. Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale, The Snow Queen, kids will meet the Ice Queen and Ice Princess and sing-a-long to lots of their favourite songs.