1. On Sunday, head to the Art Gallery of NS to celebrate National Aboriginal Day with guest artist Dozay Christmas. View her work in Shifting Ground, the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia’s permanent collection exhibition of aboriginal artworks. Then visit the studio to meet the artist and create some of your own art. Use a variety of techniques as you learn more about the traditional aboriginal way of life and the stories of Glooscap.
2. Head to the Halifax Common on Sunday to celebrate the summer solstice and International Yoga Day – there will be family and kids yoga classes!
3. The “Do it for Dads Walk & Run” for Prostate Cancer is on Sunday. This annual family event brings together communities across Canada in support and celebration of the men in our lives.
Speaking of Dads…we want to give a big shout out to all the dads out there and hope you have a fantastic Father’s Day celebration.
4. Take a drive to Newport this weekend for the Full Circle Festival! Come join your favourite folk bands for dancing, campfires, food kids activities and more. It’s toe-tapping fun not to be missed.
5. YRS provides the youth of Nova Scotia with an opportunity to engage in running at all levels as a means to a healthy, active and positive lifestyle! Storm the Park is one of their most popular events as kids run through Point Pleasant Park!
6. Canada’s most amazing street hockey tournament and outdoor hockey festival “Play On” is going on this weekend at CFB Shearwater. Bring the whole family out to cheer on the teams and enjoy this exciting event.
7. MEC Paddlefest is an urban celebration of all things paddlesport related. Whether you’re a beginner who’s never been in a boat, or an expert paddler looking to fine-tune your skills, there are plenty of learning opportunities both on water, and on land. Come make a splash with at MEC Paddlefest on Lake Banook in Dartmouth!