Happy New Year from all of us at Urban Parent!
1. Interested in checking out a Kindermusik class? Now’s your chance as the Maritime Conservatory is offering free classes for kids up to age 7 on Saturday morning. Come spend time with your kids, meet other parents and enjoy a morning of music.
2. Cineplex and Autism Canada are back with another sensory friendly screening and this time it’s the latest Star Wars movie! Presented in a lights up, sound down environment – it’s a great way for kids with autism spectrum disorder and their families to enjoy a movie on the big screen.
3. Head to the central library on Sunday for The Hour of Code. Join this nation wide initiative designed to use familiar characters from Angry Birds and Frozen to demystify code and show that anyone can learn the basics.
4. The Oval is in full swing and there are lots of public and family skating times on the schedule so grab your helmet and we’ll see you on the ice!
5. Still have your Christmas Tree? Why not plan a family road trip and bring it to Sweetwood Farms for their adorable goats to enjoy! They love fir, spruce and pine trees and your kids will love to watch them eat it!