1. It's the 2013 Mahone Bay Pirate Festival! It's a celebration of our region's historic and sometimes playful relationship with the sea. Classic boats, pirate exhibits, marauding buccaneers, musicians and competitive sailing events will entertain and engage the whole family. Watch musical buskers performing throughout town. Pick up a commemorative coin. Enjoy a drink, try some local seafood and take in the beauty of Mahone Bay. And remember to dress like a pirate!!
2. Celebrating the city's 118th Halifax-Dartmouth Natal Day, the six day Bell Aliant Natal Day Festival runs from July 31st till August 5th, 2013. A total of 30 individual events include; family activities, live concerts, the longest parade in Atlantic Canada and an elaborate fireworks show launched from the span of the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge.
3. The annual Kiwanis Mother Goose Festival will take place on Saturday from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. This is a free event. The festival is presented by the Kiwanis Club of Dartmouth. Children will have the chance to meet some of their favorite nursery rhyme characters, show their creativity in the crafts corner, play fun games, listen to stories, play in bounce houses, and enjoy a petting zoo.
4. It's the MacPass Miles!! Here's your chance to run across the MacDonald Bridge with your kids!
5. The Buskers are in town! For the past 27 years the Busker Festival has brought the city of Halifax alive with hundreds of action packed, mind blowing shows from around the globe. This year is no different! With dancers, acrobats, contortionists, and international music, you are guaranteed performances like no other in Atlantic Canada. The event is a family orientated, free-to-attend festival with performances on five stages rotating on the hour from noon until 10 pm daily!