1. Join Parks Canada this weekend at Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site for Dark Sky Weekend. Designated a Dark Sky Preserve in 2010, Kejimkujik’s skies provide an incredible view of the stars and constellations and a unique opportunity to discover the natural and cultural heritage of Kejimkujik’s night sky. The Sky Circle in Jeremy’s Bay, the primary observing site, is located near the campground and is the primary location for Dark Sky programs and events. Parks Canada interpreters will be joined by members of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (RASC) to guide viewers during a fun-filled weekend.
2. Ruff! Ruff! The first of its kind in Atlantic Canada, Paws on the Common will be a two day celebration in the heart of Halifax for our fun-loving, four legged friends! This festival will bring together: Industry Associations Health and Wellness Experts Breed Experts Unique Retailers Located in the heart of Halifax, NS, the EMERA Oval is an ideal place to bring together this vibrant fun loving community! With lots of space for the pups to play, and loads for visitors to take in, this Festival is sure to be a big hit!
3. It’s the Navy 10k with a great kids run of 2.5k. Since its inception in 1986, the Navy 10K has focused on the spirit of competition and esprit de corps. The flat course suits all ages and levels of athletes from beginner to advanced. Water stops are set up along the route. Great race shirts and lots of fun for all!
4. The Halifax Citadel was originally built to protect a city, a culture, and a way of life. Fab Forts is the chance for visitors to re-discover why the Halifax Citadel is so fabulous! Enjoy fun activities for the whole family; don’t miss the launch of Citadel Adventure, an exciting spy mission for kids that lets them find clues and save the fort! Catch the rifle firing demonstrations, enjoy the bagpipes and drums and watch soldiers as they carry out their military drills. It all happens between 10 am and 4 pm.
5. It’s a FREE FAMILY FUN DAY! Put on by Kinesis Health Associates some events include a BBQ (Food donated by Chater’s meat market), Bouncy Castle, Relay Races (with certificates of participation for the kids), Plinko, Bean Bag Toss, Delicious cupcakes donated by Crimson Cove Creations …and more! Be sure to bring along your child’s backpack to be professionally fit for back to school. An improperly fit backpack can lead to muscle strains/imbalances, pain and even nerve damage.