1. Head to the Central library this weekend for Music from Around the World – an interactive concert featuring music from lots of different countries, stories, adventure and more! It’s a fun family event in partnership with the Maritime Conservatory of Performing arts.
2. Celebrate Spring with the Halifax Crafters Society! Join them this weekend for a Spring Has Sprung craft fair filled with beautiful and unique ceramics, papercraft, jewellery, cupcakes and more.
3. It’s National Dance Week and you’re invited to celebrate with Halifax Dance! Join them for some amazing performances and free workshops for kids including one on breakdancing. It’s an open invite for all ages and abilities so round up your dancers and we’ll see you there.
4. We all have the power to save and change kids’ lives. Be a Hero this weekend and come walk to support Kids Help Phone at the Emera Oval. It’s a great family event to help kids feel more empowered to take on all of life’s challenge.
5. It’s time for another Family Sunday at the Art Gallery. Your little artists will enjoy a fun and interactive afternoon of studio activities, a gallery tour, hands-on creative art and more.
6. It’s not quite a weekend event but a fun one just the same. This coming Wednesday is “May the 4th” and the Discovery Centre is celebrating in true Star Wars style. Wear your costume and come enjoy a planetarium show, make a pixel shirt, and get in on some light-saber action!