Urban Parent is tappin’ into all the senses this weekend!
1. It’s the buy local event of the year! The 15th Annual Saltscapes East Coast Expo, April 26-28 Halifax Exhibition Centre! Eat, drink, and shop local with more than 450 unique exhibitors, take in workshops, listen to local music, and enter to win various prizes! Celebrate spring with Saltscapes Expo!
2. The City Nature Challenge is all about observing Nature, preferably pristine and garbage-free Nature. So, next time you’re out exploring, take along a bag and join the #OneBagChallenge. HRM is joining cities across the globe, competing to see who can make the most observations of nature, find the most species, and engage the most people.
3. If you’re feelin’ that Spring feelin’ (especially if you want to sing about it) why not register yourself and that little bundle for Music with Babies led by musician and mom, Louise Hanavan?! Nurtured Products for Parenting on Agricola is hosting a chart topping 5-week program best suited for babies up to walking or one year! Tickets are for all five weeks and are available @https://www.nurtured.ca/Music-with-Babies_p_2318.html
4. Children (young and old alike) love trucks! Touch A Truck, on Saturday from 10-1 is a fun family event to get up close and personal with vehicles and equipment that build, serve and protect our community. Meet the guys and gals who operate these trucks every day. Climb in the driver’s seat, blow the horn and have your picture taken in these huge machines. There will be vehicle variety—garbage trucks, tractors, fire trucks, loaders and more! There will also be games and other fun activities. For anyone with sound sensitivities, horns will not honk from 12-1. Admission is by donation to Porters Lake Elementary School.
5. Come hear your friendly neighbourhood Stadacona Band in concert at the Halifax Public Library Sunday at2 to commemorate the end of the Battle of the Atlantic and the end of the Second World War. Sponsored by HMCS Sackville K181—Canada’s Naval Memorial. Admission is free!